document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year Challenge and New Release Preview!


Happy New Year to all of you, I hope you had an enjoyable one. We spent the evening at a friend's house eating a lovely potluck meal and playing games!! Lots of fun, but Ray and I didn't last much past midnight, we needed our sleep, poor ol' grandparents that we are!!
Anyway, since Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps New Release begins on January 10th., our fearless leader Kraftin' Kimmie said we can use the new stamps for our challenge cards if we want to. I am using Dance Recital starring Cindy and Mindy. Aren't they cute?! Our challenge for this week is to use paper piecing on your card somewhere, a little or a lot. It's up to you. I used some of my Martha Stewart Playful Pink to paper piece their little tutus. I used the 'gingham' mauve from the M.S. pack for the background layer, matted onto the card body, which is Certainly Celery. I used some glittery mauve brads in the corners, then I made a Dahlia shaped piece with my Nesties to sit in one corner. I mounted the image layer onto C. Celery and Pretty in Pink and pop dotted it on the left side. I used some yummy glittery ribbon across the front and I used the sentiment 'Dance Like No One is Watching', (which is the accessory stamp that comes with the main image) and matted it on Pretty in Pink.
Anyone is welcome to enter the challenge, but in order to be in the draw to win the blog candy, you will need to use Kraftin' Kimmie stamps. So come on girls, let's see what you have for us in this brand new year of 2010.
I also want to mention that Kimmie has brought on board two awesome Guest Designers, Melanie and Donna. These gals are amazing and will be treating you to some wonderful eye candy in the weeks to come. To see some of their work and to learn a little about them, go to Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps website for their bios and to Kim's Challenge Blog to see some of their work, which Kimmie is showing for you.
Okay, so when you leave here, why don't you check out the blogs of the rest of the Design Team, I think you may find some of them have used stamps from the New Release. Have fun,
Diana

8 comments:

  1. Lovely card Diana! Those girls are sooo sweet!!! I love the colours you've used too! Best wishes for a fab 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally gorgeous, Momma! Love the colours and Cindy and Mindy look adorable!! Lovely ribbon too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is just stunning Diana.. I LOVE the colours you have used and Kimmie is right, the ribbon is the perfect touch. Beautiful work!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Diana! This is such a pretty card...fabulous job! This is one of my favourite quotes!

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, Diana! I love the little dotted dresses/tu-tus!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diana, this is adorable!! Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete

Hop Day at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!!

    Woohoo!!! Today we are celebrating all the new fabulous goodies in our November Release that are NOW available in the   Kraftin' Ki...