document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Monday, June 28, 2010

Card for Auntie Vi


Well, Hi and Happy Monday everyone! I didn't post this card for the Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge #35 as I felt it wasn't creative enough. The challenge was Creative Cuts and it could be anything but a square. Well, it's not a square and it is 8 1/2 x 5 1/2, so it is large and I thought it was alright, but then when I looked at all the other Krafty Girls beautiful creations, I decided it would not do and I asked my boss/daughter Kimmie if she would please let me off this week. She kindly did and that's why I'm posting it now.

Actually, it was to be a 2 fer 1 idea as I thought this would be ideal to send to my dear Auntie in England whose vision is not so good any more. If I make it big enough, she can see it. I used a Very Vanilla card base and stitched some vanilla thread around some So So Sweet dp with a strip of Barely Banana, which I embossed with one of my EFs. I coloured in Giselle with my Copics and I even coloured her hair grey to match my dear Auntie Petunia, as I call her. (Her real name is Violet) I cut her out using my Labels 11 Nesties, then cut another one the same size in some more of the So So Sweet papers. I added some sweet Primas and Brads, some lovely gauzy mauve ribbon, to which I added a butterfly charm. Then I cut apart the sentiment and set it on the smallest Labels 11 Nestie in Barely Banana. I think that's it. The sentiment is perfect for her as she loves her cup of tea. You will find it in the Tea Sentiments at Kraftin' Kimmie's Shop.

Hope you have a great week and that you find some time just for you to stamp.

Blessings,
Diana

1 comment:

  1. Hello Diana! I love those gorgeous papers - go so well with that lovely lady - great card!

    ReplyDelete

Hop Day at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!!

    Woohoo!!! Today we are celebrating all the new fabulous goodies in our November Release that are NOW available in the   Kraftin' Ki...