document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge!! Summer Fun!

Well, here we go, it's Saturday again and time for another Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge.  This week our awesome hostess is the super talented (and I'm not kidding) Sandie and she would like us all to make a summer type card.  Before I start, I must apologize for the nasty colour of my card, but I didn't finish it until the evening and I just could not get a good photo.  I don't have any of these lovely light boxes or contraptions for taking pictures and I rely on daylight.  I hope you can make out what the card should look like anyway!

I used the lovely 'Sharing is Loving' stamp from Kraftin' Kimmie's Cheryl Alger collection.  I love all of the adorable girls in this set and it looks like this one is out making daisy chains on a beautiful summer day.  Just to make it more summery, I used patterned papers with kites on from the MME Lime Twist pad.  My card base and the border behind the matching strip is Chocolate Chip and so is the punched base part of the sentiment layer.  The sentiment is on Pumpkin Pie.  I added some dark brown half pearls, tiny ones on the ends of the sentiment and 3 larger ones under the image layer.  I used some caramel Baker's Twine and added a flower charm, which I coloured orange with a Copic Marker.  I also added some Stardust Stickles in the centres of the flowers.

So go to it ladies, have a go!!  Can't wait to see your summery creations.

Also be sure to check out Kraftin' Kimmie's Shop to see her Frugal Friday specials.  This week they are Cordelia, Jack, Bug Buddies 1, Bug Buddies 2, Sugar and Spice and Snips and Snails.  They are all 30 - 50% off for the weekend only.

Happy Stamping Ladies,
Diana

2 comments:

  1. Love this Diana!! Such a sweet and fabulous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is adorable! Love the charm you added. Have a Happy Monday :)

    ReplyDelete

Hop Day at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!!

    Woohoo!!! Today we are celebrating all the new fabulous goodies in our November Release that are NOW available in the   Kraftin' Ki...